Friday, January 31 2020
I would like to say that I hit the year running full of anticipation for the year ahead and the possibilities that lay before me. Instead, I found myself in a downward spiral. Like many of you, I am sure 2019 was filled with many challenges. Many negative things pulled at my attention throughout the year and I found myself feeling 2020 held no promise of anything more than a repeat of what I experienced in 2019. So, instead of setting my sites on the possibilities of a new start I set my sites on thinking this year would be no different. My 2020 is yet written...my words will begin to shape the story of my life this year.
In December the Lord began laying upon my heart II Chronicles 20:20 - Believe in the Lord your God, and you shall be established; believe His prophets, and you shall prosper. I knew then that my declarations going into 2020 would be very important for me. Today as I am pondering this new year ahead of me...I began to realize that I could at this moment shape the way 2020 would begin. This is the year of the decree. In the Hebraic calendar, this is the year 5780...80 means mouth. Moses was 80 when God had a conversation with him and said "Moses, I am going to anoint your mouth and you are going to set my nation free". This year what WE say we shall see.
Thou shalt also decree a thing, and it shall be established unto thee: and the light shall shine upon thy ways. Job 22:28
Today, I began deciding I was going to shape this year through my mouth and I began to decree things differently. This year, I will see my children and grandchildren walking in their God-ordained destiny, this year I believe for divine healing in my body, this year I will prosper, this year I will walk in all that God has for me, this year I will see my relationships change. As I began to do this I began pulling myself up from that pit of despair I was trying to crawl into and I suddenly began to feel passion again knowing I was going to step into the best year of my life simply because MY words would make the difference
Open your mouth with a mighty decree - I will fulfill it now you see. The words that you speak so shall it be. Psalm 81:10 TPT.
I want to encourage you to open your mouth and begin to decree somethings in your life and watch God begin to move on your behalf. Now we realize if our words are powerful than what we say in the negative can impact our lives as well. This year we need to really guard our mouths. God has spoken so much over our lives and it is important to remember those prophetic words over your life because God gave you an invitation to partner with him and begin to decree what was spoken over you. Join me as I posture myself this year to see every area in my life change by the power of my decree.
1. I am truly blessed with a fruitful life.
2. I am created for blessing, and as a result, I am overtaken by blessings in every area of my life.
3. Everything I put my hand to in 2020 will prosper.
4. I am blessed...my family is blessed
5. Favor surrounds me like a shield. It covers and protects me from fear and rejection.
6. Because of favor in my life, doors of opportunity are opened to me easily.
7. 2020 will be a year of greater clarity in vision and purpose. 2020 I will walk in all that God has ordained for me to walk in.
8. I am blessed beyond measure with wonderful life-giving friends in my life. This year I will grow in greater fellowship
9. 2020 I will walk in the way of wisdom, and therefore I speak from wisdom. My mouth will speak truth in righteousness.
10. I am blessed this year with a bright future that is full of hope and joyful expectation.
11. I declare Exodus 23:26 - Not one my children shall suffer miscarriage or be barren in my land
I challenge you to write out your own decrees and get very specific about what you want to see this year and each day begin to speak that out and begin to shape your new year into the life you desire. Let's make 2020 the best year yet!